What can I eat and drink after teeth whitening?
After performing teeth whitening, our teeth are very susceptible to capturing dierent pigments so, during the following week we should eat a diet that does not include foods with dyes. In addition, we must restrict the intake of some foods and beverages for the following 48 hours:
- Foods with dark colors should not be eaten: for example beets, spinach, blueberries, soy sauce … which can stain our teeth.
- The same applies to dark colored drinks such as coee, tea, red wine, and colored drinks. At least for 48 hours, it is better that we limit ourselves to hydrating with water
- Nor should we eat acidic fruits such as kiwi, pineapple or citrus. The juices of these fruits are also discarded during this period of time, since they can cause dental hypersensitivity.
- Very cold food or drinks are not advisable either, since your teeth will remain quite sensitive after the whitening treatment, sensitivity that disappears after a few days.
- On the day of whitening, you will likely experience some degree of tooth sensitivity, and it will disappear completely.
- If you are a smoker, remember that little by little your teeth will become stained with cigarette smoke. The higher the consumption, the higher the pigmentation. In this case you may need a maintenance whitening session approximately every year.
- It is important to remember that the results obtained with Teeth Whitening are diferent for each person, and vary depending on the causes of tooth enamel pigmentation.